Friday, February 5, 2010

Donnie's Columbus I Got It Party

My next adventure was in November for Donnie's "I Got It" party in Columbus at Sugar Bar. The day before the party Donnie tweeted that DWAIR was headed for OH-IO, so I did some checking & headed to the airport! There were about 15-20 other fans who also showed up to be the welcome party for Donnie. We went to the gate where he would be arriving (he tweets everything so it's not hard to find him when he wants to be found!) We took paper towels from the bathroom & made a welcome to Columbus sign to hold up when we got off the plane.


All the other passengers got a kick out us-they had no idea they'd been on a plane w/ a celebrity! lol Donnie & his crew were the last ones off the plane-we all started screaming, he was just as excited to see us too!
There was a waiting room right there so we all went in there to talk, take pix etc with him. At one point his assistant Johnny said let's just do a group pic, but donnie said no I'm gonna take a picture with each one of em! He spent about a half hr with al of us! He tried to do a bubbletweet but the Fail Whale shut him down! LOL Donnie if you ever read this-I have the missing bubletweet!

I was videotaping pretty much the whole time. He was razzin me about it asking if I was making Titanic 2 or something, said I must be Tony Spalelli's sister. I said but now all these fans will have their time w/ you on video. He said it's ok girl just teasin ya. My friend Pam had yet to meet him & asked me to call her if I got to see im so she could say hi. So I handed my phone to Pam so she could talk to him & yes I got that on video too! lol

Before he left he told us he would be at WNCI radio station in the morning for an interview & to come down.

The next morning I went to the radio station & was suprised to find only 3 other fans there. We saw a Hummer limo pull up at the other end of the building, we went running down & saw Flossy waking into the building, but he came right back out. We figured we has missed Donnie going in but would just wait for him to come back out. We started talking to Flossy & he said well since it's cold why don't you hop in the limo? He opened the door & as I went to cimb in I'm face 2 face with Donnie! They were at the wrong entrance so he hadn't gotten out yet. He was on the phone so I just smiled & waved as I moved to the front of the limo to sit. We drove around to the other side of the building & donnie told us to hang out & keep warm while he went inside. We were flippin out-OMG!

We listened to the interview and waited for him to come back out. When he came out we talked for 10min or so about the interview.

Then it was time for us to go but he did pose for a pic with each of us before we got out :)

I went home & waited for my friends (Steph, Jess & Suzi) to get here!

We had M&G tix to meet him before the party, it was Suzi's first time meeting him-I was so excited for her! When it was my turn I thanked him for letting us keep warm in the limo :)

and then it was time for the party! We ended up standing right next to the bar which made for quite a night especially since it started about an hour late & Steph & I were drunk by the time he took the stage! We had a BLAST though!


Thanks to Jess & Suzi for babysitting us! LOL After the show we went looking for Donnie at Waffle House, the first 1 we went to-Suzi went in to check it out & the waitress said "If you're looking for that Backstreet Boy he's at the 1 on Wilson Rd" LMAO so of course we left & went to that one! We got there just in time to see him leaving, I love watching him with fans-he really does love us, so patient!!

No comments:

Post a Comment